Useful Links Print E-mail

General help and advice

The following websites provide information, help and advice on most issues that affect you at work or at home.

Citizens Advice Bureau – England and Wales
Help and advice on a wide range of social, financial and legal problems for people in England and Wales.

Information from most UK government departments and agencies for people living in England and Wales.

You are not alone
0808 808 7777.


Gov.UK: Disabled people
Information about the laws and support that exists to help disabled people in the UK.

Charity supporting people with learning disabilities and their families.

Men cap
Help and support for people with learning disabilities and their families.

Education and training

Gov.UK: Education and Learning
Government website providing careers advice and information.

Family and relationships

Cruse Bereavement Care
Support and advice for people coping with the death of someone close to them.

Charity providing help to women and children who are being abused.

A charity offering relationship counselling, sex therapy, mediation and support online, face-to-face or by phone.

Health and wellbeing

Mental health information for all
Online information on mental health from the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

A mental health charity providing information, legal advice and support for those with mental health conditions.

NHS Direct
National NHS health line for England. Advice available online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

NHS 24
National NHS health line for Scotland. Advice available online or over the phone 24 hours a day.

NHS Live well
Information and advice on getting fit and staying healthy.


Mortgage Rescue Scheme
Government website providing information on mortgage help and avoiding home repossession.

UK-wide charity providing advice on homelessness, housing benefits, eviction, repossession and finding a place to live.

Home and Communities Agency
Creating new and affordable homes


UK Visas and Immigration
The official British government website for immigration and visa information.

Money and pensions

Pensions Advisory Service
Independent advice and guidance on pensions.

Money Advice Service
Free advice for managing your money, including information on money matters if you are separating or getting a divorce.

Pay plan
Free and confidential debt management advice and help.

Rights and legal support

Gov.UK: Legal Aid
How to claim legal aid.

Thompsons Solicitors
Providers of UNISON legal services. Online information on a range of legal issues, including personal injury claims, wills and employment rights.

Equality and Human Rights Commission
Advice on dealing with discrimination, inequality and human rights.


Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
Up-to-date information, independent advice and tools to resolve issues in the workplace.

Public Concern At Work
Information and legal advice for whistle-blowers who raise their concerns about dangerous or illegal actions in their workplace.

Work smart
Advice on your employment rights, health, money and career.



English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish